首页
<source id="3oodw" ><sup id="3oodw" ></sup></source>

      1. <s id="3oodw" ><th id="3oodw" ><small id="3oodw" ></small></th></s>
        <i id="3oodw" ><optgroup id="3oodw" ></optgroup></i>

            <input id="3oodw" ><bdo id="3oodw" ><cite id="3oodw" ></cite></bdo></input>
            <delect id="3oodw" ><ruby id="3oodw" ></ruby></delect>

            <em id="3oodw" ><progress id="3oodw" ></progress></em><input id="3oodw" ></input>
            <strike id="3oodw" ></strike>
            Skip directly to content

             

            Explore Alabama during the bicentennial and beyond! Visit all 67 counties.

            As part of Alabama's commemoration of its 200th anniversary of statehood, PastPort is an excellent resource for exploring historic destinations in every corner of the state. From the Shoals to the 'Shores, there are exciting and educational sites to visit near your 天津彩票官方开奖 and across the state.

            To get you started on your Alabama adventures, here are links to a few EOA articles, arranged by county, on places to visit.

            This list is a companion to the Alabama PastPort booklet and free, interactive PastPort mobile app. For information about obtaining those two items, visit the . Using both of them will enhance your exploration of the state.

            The McWilliams-Smith-Rice House in Prattville houses the Autauga County Heritage Center

            Autauga

            Constructed between 1819 and 1834, Fort Morgan is located on Mobile Point at the entrance to Mobile Bay. The fort played an important role in the 1864 Battle of Mobile Bay and today serves as a living history museum operated by the Alabama Historical Commission.

            Baldwin

            Eufaula's Fendall Hall, completed in 1860, is one of the finest examples of Italianate architecture in Alabama. The house formerly belonged to the prominent Young family and is now a museum open to the public.

            Barbour

            Brierfield Iron Works is an industrial site near Montevallo, Shelby County, that was owned and operated by Josiah Gorgas in the late 1860s.

            Bibb

            The Easley Covered Bridge, located in Rosa, central Blount County, spans the Dub Branch of the Little Warrior River. It is the smallest remaining covered bridge in Blount County.

            Blount

            This mural of a hunting party and their bird dogs adorns the wall of a pediatric clinic in downtown Union Springs, Bullock County.

            Bullock

            The historic Greenville Depot highlights the West Commerce Street Historic District and is symbolic of the major role the railroad played in making Greenville, Butler County, a regional trade center.

            Butler

            The Freedom Rider Murals in Anniston, Calhoun County, commemorate the attacks on civil rights volunteers at the city's Greyhound bus station in May 1961.

            Calhoun

            This eight-foot-tall bronze statue of the

            Chambers

            Little River Falls on the Little River is located on the border between Cherokee and DeKalb Counties.

            Cherokee

            The museum at Confederate Memorial Park in Chilton County contains exhibits on Alabama's role during the Civil War and on the site's history as the only state-run 天津彩票官方开奖 for Confederate veterans following the war.

            Chilton

            Wilson's Grist Mill is the centerpiece of Broadhead Memorial Park in Needham, Choctaw County.

            Choctaw

            The Clarke County Historical Museum is located in the Greek Revival-style Alston-Cobb House, headquarters of the Clarke County Historical Society.

            Clarke

            The Clay County Courthouse in Ashland was built in 1906 in the Classical Revival architectural style.

            Clay

            The end of Bald Rock Trail atop Cheaha Mountain in Cheaha State Park takes visitors to Alabama's highest point, at 2,407 feet.

            Cleburne

            The Boll Weevil Monument is located in the middle of the intersection of Main Street and College Street in downtown Enterprise, Coffee County.

            Coffee

            This cottage on the grounds of Ivy Green in Tuscumbia, Colbert County, is the birthplace of Helen Keller.

            Colbert

            The Old Post Office in the community of Paul, Conecuh County opened in 1908 and was named after the Apostle Paul at the request of the townspeople.

            Conecuh

            The old Coosa County Jail, also called Old Rock Jail, was built in what would become Rockford in 1842 and is the oldest stone jail in the state.

            Coosa

            The Three Notch Museum in Andalusia, Covington County, includes an historic post office and exhibits of railroad memorabilia and other aspects of the city's and county's history.

            Covington

            Patsiliga Creek is a coastal waterway that originates in and runs through much of Crenshaw County.

            Crenshaw

            The Ave Maria Grotto is located in Cullman on the grounds of Saint Bernard Abbey, the state's only Benedictine monastery.

            Cullman

            The United States Army Aviation Museum, located at Fort Rucker, Dale County, has a large collection of fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft dating from the 1910s.

            Dale

            A view of the Edmund Pettus Bridge over the Alabama River.

            Dallas

            DeSoto Falls is located in DeSoto State Park, near the eastern border of DeKalb County.

            DeKalb

            This reconstructed French fort is part of the Fort Toulouse-Fort Jackson National Historic Park on the Coosa River.

            Elmore

            The current Escambia County courthouse in Brewton was built in 1960.

            Escambia

            Noccalula Falls in Gadsden is a 100-foot waterfall located in a city park.

            Etowah

            The Fayette Art Museum in Fayette County displays the work of local artists such as renowned outsider artist Jimmy Lee Sudduth.

            Fayette

            Memorabilia from country天津彩票官方开奖 music star Tammy Wynette form the bulk of the collections in the Red Bay Museum in Red Bay, Franklin County.

            Franklin

            Constitution Oak is located at Fowler Park in Geneva, southern Geneva County.

            Geneva

            The first seat of Greene County was Erie, but residents voted to move the seat to Eutaw in 1838.

            Greene

            Researchers at Moundville Archaeological Park have constructed a re-creation of a Mississippian compound, complete with structures and protective wall.

            Hale

            Built around 1870, the Bethune-Kennedy House in Abbeville, Henry County, was first owned by physician William Calvin Bethune.

            Henry

            A family visits Landmark Park in Dothan, Houston County.

            Houston

            An interior view of Russell Cave in Jackson County.

            Jackson

            The statue of Vulcan stands on Red Mountain overlooking the city of Birmingham.

            Jefferson

            The Moore-Hill House, also known as the Old Stagecoach Inn, was constructed on Andrew Jackson's Military Road outside present-day Sulligent, Lamar County, in 1834.

            Lamar

            An exterior view of the Rosenbaum House in Florence, Lauderdale County, reveals architect Frank Lloyd Wright's propensity for low-pitched rooflines and walls consisting of unbroken banks of windows.

            Lauderdale

            The Oakville Indian Mounds, near Moulton in central Lawrence County, may belong to the Copena Mortuary Complex, a cultural subgroup of the Woodland period marked by settlements with elaborate burial mounds containing artifacts that indicated the status of those interred.

            Lawrence

            The Lee County Courthouse in downtown Opelika was built in 1896 in the Classical Revival style and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

            Lee

            The post office, pictured here, was constructed in 1840 and is the oldest operating post office in the state.

            Limestone

            The Lowndes Interpretative Center in White Hall was built in 2006 to honor the legacy of the Selma to Montgomery March.

            Lowndes

            The George Washington Carver Museum was established on the campus of Tuskegee University in Tuskegee, Macon County, in 1941 to honor educator and inventor George Washington Carver.

            Macon

            Madison

            Bluff Hall, built in 1832 by plantation owner Allen Glover, is among the many historic 天津彩票官方开奖s still standing in Demopolis.

            Marengo

            The railroad depot in the city park in Brilliant, Marion County, was built in the town of Boston in the late nineteenth century and is the only depot still standing in the county.

            Marion

            Cathedral Caverns, in Marshall County, was originally named Bats Cave.

            Marshall

            The USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile pays tribute to memory of fallen U.S. servicemen, with the World War II-era battleship USS Alabama as its centerpiece.

            Mobile

            The old Monroe County Courthouse, built in Monroeville in 1903, today serves as a central component of the Monroe County Heritage Museum and as part of the setting of an annual theatrical adaptation of Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.

            Monroe

            The Alabama State Capitol stands at the heart of Montgomery's historic district.

            Montgomery

            The Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic is held every Memorial Day Weekend at Point Mallard Park in Decatur, northwestern Morgan County.

            Morgan

            The Old City Hall building is located on the campus of the Marion Military Institute and serves as its Alabama Military Hall of Honor Museum.

            Perry

            The U.S. Snagboat Montgomery lies moored on the Tombigbee River near the Tom Bevill Visitors Center and Museum in Pickens County.

            Pickens

            The Pioneer Museum of Alabama in Troy, central Pike County, includes 17 historical buildings housing more than 16,000 artifacts. The museum opened in 1971.

            Pike

            Lake Wedowee is the local name for Harris Reservoir, located in western Randolph and eastern Clay counties.

            Randolph

            Eufaula artist Kathy Hamrick stands next to Sacred Fire, at the Chattahoochee Indian Heritage Center in Fort Mitchell, eastern Russell County.

            Russell

            An Alabama elementary school class visits American Village, a living-history park centered on the theme of liberty and the founding of the United States located in Montevallo, Shelby County.

            Shelby

            The John Looney House near Ashville, St. Clair County, is an outstanding example of the

            St. Clair

            The Spence-Moon House in Livingston, Sumter County, was built in 1834 by planter James H. Spence.

            Sumter

            Talladega's Art Deco Ritz Theatre was built in the 1930s and was originally opened as a

            Talladega

            An interpretive sign educates visitors to Horseshoe Bend in Tallapoosa County on the site of the final battle of the Creek War of 1813-14, where Gen. Andrew Jackson defeated the Red Stick Creeks in March 1814.

            Tallapoosa

            Tuscaloosa was the capital of Alabama from 1826 until 1846, when the legislature voted to move it to Montgomery.

            Tuscaloosa

            The Bankhead House and Museum in Jasper, Walker County, was built in 1925 as the family 天津彩票官方开奖 of Alabama politician William B. Bankhead.

            Walker

            St. Stephens became the capital of the Alabama Territory in 1817 and served as the seat of Washington County.

            Washington

            The Gee's Bend Quilt Mural Trail was created in 2007 to highlight the world-renowned quilts produced by the artisans of the Gee's Bend community in Wilcox County.

            Wilcox

            Double Springs is the Winston County seat and is located within the William B. Bankhead National Forest.

            Winston



            This site made possible in part with the generous support from the .